On tomorrow's pages

Monday, February 09, 2009

Without a trace

The phone rang. Not that I'm in panic when it does, but I can't help thinking many bad news are sent on the phone. Especially those who call me in search of help with their problems. Well, that's paying the bills or what?

It was Meire on the phone. She always calls me, at least once a week. We talk like there's no tomorrow on the phone and after we realize our ears are red-hot from rubbing them so much on the phone we arrange to meet either here at my home or at hers. Her actual name is Rosimeire but she only likes to be called Meire. I understand why, once even told her I have always understood why (and later regretted saying that to her).

Meire asked me (as she does every week when she calls me) whether I had found out about my husband Paulo's whereabouts. I say there's no one else to find. Had he any intention to see me again, he would have already called me; after all he disappeared in 1994. I reported it to the police, made posters with his photograph on, all of it in vain. After ten years looking for him, I feel that I have done more than I even could, all the via-crucis through the cities' morgues, hospitals, legal medicine institutes. He just vanished. Without a trace.

Today, searching for a keyword I don't remember exactly now, I saw a 2004 post on my blog appear in a Google result. Then I remembered I hadn't written a word for my blog since 2004. Is anything going to happen that is worthy writing here? Shouldn't I delete the blog altogether and keep it private for absolut lack of content?

Here I keep account of all of the cases I wasn't able to solve. The cases in between are forgotten about. Though I write everything down I only publish those which I wasn't able to find a solution to. It makes it easier for me, since I don't have to publish everything I write. And I write as much as work on the cases and clients that seek a solution to psychological and even parapsychological issues in their lives here with me.


Figueira's last stand | The bloodthirstiest kid in the planet
Radio Universal.

No comments: