On tomorrow's pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nostalgia

Anderson showed up this morning. I saw him, for at least ten minutes, before he and Renan disappeared from view. I wanted to talk to Anderson about the dreaming sessions, but he and Renan seemed to have more important issues to deal with. Andrés appeared a bit later than him.

"How are you feeling this morning?"

Andrés sounded like he was a changeling. He'd never ask me anything even remotely like "how are you feeling this morning?", it is just not his style. It felt like he was unable to come and sent in a badly trained clone of himself instead.

"Fine, how are you, mister?", I said and he was a bit embarrassed.

Andrés went on to tell me about his past lives. Of how things were built to last, these things people always say when they get trapped in moments of nostalgia. And I imagine the lot of nostalgia he must be trapped in living here so many times and what's more, remembering them all.

Renan and Anderson wouldn't be there soon. Andrés and I let ourselves stay at the porch without saying anything to each other for ages as we always do. The pauses we allow from one subject to the other are millennial. We don't mind sitting down together and sharing these long periods of pause.

Breaking the silence, I suggested that we should go and look for the two of them. Andrés promptly disagreed with me about doing it. I asked him why. He said there'd be no point looking for them if they were going to end up returning to the same place we were in a few minutes. So why waste time looking for them? I agreed with him there and we allowed ourselves to linger at the porch some more. In time, I grew more impatient and Andrés grew uneasier. He looked all around, probably trying to find the two. I don't know if it was impatience on his part or even if his motives to worry were the same as mine.

When I was getting ready to go and look for the two with or without Andrés (it was obvious he wouldn't move), the two finally showed up, coming from the back of the farm's main house, completely coated in sweat as though they had been working with a hoe or spade for the last thirty minutes. I watched them astonished as they walked up to us and Andrés only looked at them and shook his head, in blatant disapproval of the two friends.

R.E.M. | Planaria

Radio Universal: Teatro De Sombras

1 comment:

silva lemes said...

Dra.Stela
Você viu que lançamos uma campanha para Cambuquira como água da copa de 2014?
Se isso não der o resultado do slogan, pelo menos divulga o nome da cidade.
veja no link abaixo:
http://www.cambuquiracopa2014.com.br/
saudações,
Gilberto Lemes
http://cambuquira.blogspot.com