On tomorrow's pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sad sun

Today the morning sun felt cold, as a prediction of the wintery days that would sooner or later take on the town. My mind is busy thinking of everything we have lived here in Taurinos. There is definitely something in the air. Something the words of master Danilo only make more apparent.

What would Renan mean when he said they were just like what I always dreamed they were? And does Meire do in our OOBEs? Does she want to communicate with me?

After so long, only now, do I realize Meire hasn't returned any of the e-mails I sent her. And this has definitely nothing to do with our little argument over the Mexican boy. I remember we had even made it up from that discussion before I left Santos in that afternoon on February the 12th. So why wouldn't she answer my messages after all?

"Thinking about life, Ms. Grisam?"

I hadn't even heard the noisy coils of the screen door at the porch and there Adriano was, at my side. Looking at the cold and sad sun over the mountain around us. He smiled a beautiful smile that I had never seen him smile. These kids of Taurinos are all handsome in excess, there is something of an almost artificial nature in their beauty, as a visual effect I still can't understand. If only I was sure I'd grasp the sense of it one day…

What led us to the dreaming sessions? The need to understand why Renan appeared in dreams to me, Anderson and Andrés as a shadow? Was Renan the real cause of these sessions? Nothing has happened in town since the Law of the Bulls. Should something happen at all?

After breakfast, I stayed at the porch with my laptop. Viewing the text file with the names of the members of Taurinos' Ancient Society I could never erase. I notice the laptop has some new features I had never seen before, but not one of them is enough to erase the weird file. I've never seen it happen, it'd be enough to restart the computer, but it hasn't been enough so far. and I doubt if it ever will one day.

Order of the day | The day of creation


Radio Universal: The Day of Creation

No comments: