On tomorrow's pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Something weird

I saw Bruno today. It had been long since I last saw him in the flesh. Not that I missed him, but it seems to me he used to hang out much more with the others, at least before I came to town.

He walked in the farm a bit concerned about me being there on the farm Teixeira. Didn't look very happy when he saw me.

"Is Guilherme in?", he asked me.

"In the main house", I pointed the direction informally.

He wouldn't move. I was embarrassed, didn't know whether to ask him about his family or himself, these idiotic phrases we always say. Bruno was staring at me, in a sullen mood, for some more moments.

"There's something about you that feels very strange", he said in a paused, almost threatening tone of voice, "that's what I have felt since we first met at the Conselheiros' porch. But sooner or later I'll figure out what it is. This you can be sure of."

And now this. It's been ages since we last met but his ill-will towards me doesn't show any signs of having subsided. On the contrary, distance seemed to have increased that feeling, instead of cutting it down. but strangely, it feels much less like antipathy than like a feeling of strangeness he's been having towards me. Yes, there is definitely something about me that the boy finds hard to understand. This is something I have noticed since I first set foot in Taurinos.

The two were on the porch now. Guilherme is probably putting Bruno in the picture of everything that has happened here these days. Not that much has happened lately, but Bruno doesn't even know this little, so…

Anderson showed up soon later. He asked about Guilherme (and Renan too) and this time I didn't even need to point at the house or porch. He gave me a cheerful good-morning and headed for the porch to see the others and talk.

Planaria | Read only

Radio Universal: Shadowplay

No comments: